ShabbyBlogs - Must be Maddie

Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Eve

I woke up to a sweet, whispered "Merry Christmas Eve Baby."  It was the perfect way to start the day, let alone a weekend.  See, Husband and I decided to take off the whole week between Christmas and New Years.  I get to spend 10 uninterrupted days with him - and I am SO looking forward to it.  


It was a warm Christmas Eve, like 50 degrees, but a beautiful day.  It started off with a quick trip to the In-Laws during which time MamaH invited me and my mom to the movies. I gladly accepted because Husband was planning on making sausage - an all day event.  Thankfully my brother was in town and was able to play sous chef leaving me available to go see The Decedents with the girls.  


After a quick trip to the gym and a quick shower, we headed off to the movie theatre.  The theatre was surprisingly empty and Margaret (sis-in-law) and I sat smack dap in the middle of the theatre, feet propped up on the seats in front of us and started to catch up.  


I love Margaret.  I am SO SO SOOOOO thankful to have such wonderful in-laws.  I have always wanted a sister and Margaret is perfect.  Seriously the perfect sister.  I love the girl.  Did you know she was accepted into Americorps?  She's got the sweetest heart.  


Anyway, the movie started and we settled in...


...It was an interesting movie.  Not quite what we were expecting, but good.  My advice, wait to rent it at Redbox.  


While I was admiring all the pretty Christmas lights on the way home, I saw a streak of light flash across the sky.  It couldn't have been a plane because it moved really fast and then disappeared.  It was a shooting star!!  Which actually turned out to be the Lovejoy comet.  


It was a wonderful day.  That evening we went to church and then headed to the neighbors afterwards for cards and a night cap.  It was a wonderful beginning to the holiday break. 





No comments:

Post a Comment