ShabbyBlogs - Must be Maddie

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Better late than never

I know January is almost over and I'm just now getting to posting about my resolutions.  I don't normally make resolutions - they always get forgotten 4 months later.  But this year I want to give it a shot.  I may not be able to keep all of them but if you aim high, you're bound to fall higher than if you hadn't, right?  (say yes.)

So here's what I'm aiming to do this year:

  1. Blog once a week - at least.
    I miss blogging.  I need the escape.  I miss other people's blogs too.  In general - get back into the blogosphere.

  2. Get healthy.
    I'm leaving this one general because it's a "life style change."  So cliche, but so true.  I'm starting with small steps so I don't burn myself out.  For this first month I"m focusing on hitting the gym 3-4 times a week and eating more salads for lunches.


    {found via Pinterest - Originally here}
  3. Move.
    I may not have divulged this earlier but I'm currently living in my parent's basement with my husband.  And let me tell you - this is no easy task.  We may be saving a butt-load of money but that doesn't offset the growing need for personal space.  If you are thinking about doing this - don't. Just don't...find a roommate, down size to a studio apt, and try and avoid moving back in with the parents.  I know you love them now (as I love mine), but I'm about 200% certain you have a different way of living from them.  Okay...I'm off the soapbox.


    {found here}

  4. Plan more.
    Specifically, plan dinners.  I've mentioned this before, but I find dinner tough...coordinating with Husband's schedule, trying to fit in exercise or anything else you want/need to do in the evening.  So I'm hoping if I can be better about planning dinners - this could potentially bring some more calm into my week nights.  

I think that is all I can handle right now, and probably you too.  

Is anyone else making reluctantly making resolutions, hoping this year will be different?  If you are, GOOD LUCK!  We can do it.  Positive vibes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment