ShabbyBlogs - Must be Maddie

Thursday, January 12, 2012

It was a good day

So often it feels like we pour ourselves into work...our time, our effort, our tears, and we wonder if anyone is noticing.  


While in the middle of a somewhat frustrating meeting yesterday, I saw an email pop into my work mail box, "Letter of Appreciation."  After my meeting I read what it said and who had signed, and then saw who was on the email...I had no words.  


The Chief Information Officer of the directorate I work for signed this incredibly kind letter for me.  I was completely shocked, flattered, honored.  I don't think they do this sort of thing very often because my manager who has been working for this directorate for 5 years was surprised.  


It was gratifying to see evidence that my long hours and 200% dedication was noticed and appreciated.  


Later in the afternoon the president of my company, his wife, the vice pres, and chief financial officer popped into the room I work in with my colleagues.  My manager read the letter aloud, which was terribly embarrassing, and I got to shake hands with the big wigs.  


It was a good day.  



No comments:

Post a Comment