ShabbyBlogs - Must be Maddie

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Chocolate chip day!

Did you know it's national chocolate chip day?? That's what CNN says.

So in honor of the day I'm giving you my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. It's one my Godmother (I call her Aunt Terry) gave me along with her wedding gift to me and Hubby. It's a delicious and easy recipe.


Aunt Terry's Chocolate Chip Cookies

2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 sticks of butter (room temperature makes the cookies fluffy, but if it's melted, the cookies still turn out delicious)
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2-1 tsp salt
1/2 cup walnuts
1 12oz package chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Mix the sugars with the butter until fluffy. Beat in the eggs until fluffy. Add the vanilla. In a separate bowl - mix baking soda, & salt with flour (I use a whisk). Add the dry ingredients to the sugar/butter mixture. Mix in walnuts and chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

They are SO yummy. Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment