ShabbyBlogs - Must be Maddie

Thursday, August 4, 2011

It's a female thing

A few weeks ago I was at a farewell party for one of my favorite girls who is going to grad school. Hubby and Bubba, my brother, came along with me. We stood around drinking and chatting. At one point the door opened and there was a girl who went to my alma mater with a sleeping baby curled up and wrapped on her chest. She came over and we all talked and I couldn't help but rub the sleeping baby's back.

What is it with women and babies? Do your ovaries have baby radar?

Well...yes.

Hubby was right. As soon as this chick walked in the door I automatically wanted to go talk to her about her & her baby. I wanted to rub it's back and know how old it was. I wanted to know if she was using disposable or fabric diapers. I wanted to know if she had read Nurture Shock.

Maybe it's my age. Maybe it's because I'm married. Who knows, but he called me out.

1 comment:

  1. Haha Love it! But yes so true. And that baby was just unbelievably small and cute.

    ReplyDelete