ShabbyBlogs - Must be Maddie

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Three years


Three  Years. 

August 8 marked my third anniversary with my husband.  It's hard to believe it's been three years already.  I feel like so much has happened since that blessed day.  

We've moved four times (that's a lot!) but each time we learned more about each other.  Learning to live with another person isn't easy, but I like to think we are doing a good job. 

We've learned to communicate with each other.  Communicating is something we will  work on for the rest of our lives.  But after three years, I would say we have made great progress.  Especially Husband. He is SO good at reading me and my tone.  I think he understands me more than I understand myself.  How wonderful and weird is that?  I love it.  He knows exactly what I need when I'm stressed out.  He knows exactly how to suggest improvements for whatever it is I'm doing.  And that is a feat in itself.  

We have taught each other so much.  How to play billiards together.  How to cook together.  How to take road trips together.  How to travel with each other.  How to play tennis together.  How to read each other.  How to provide for each other.  

To celebrate the last three years and toast to the next 30, we headed to Ten. Ten is a sushi restaurant in downtown.  It was swanky, low lit, minimal decorations.  Husband said it felt 'sterile,' which isn't such a bad thing when you're talking about raw fish. 

The food was delicious.  We ordered a sushi bowl, which reminded me of Chipotle...rice on the bottom, avocados and lettuce sprinkled in along with cubed tuna.  It was really, really good.  I would have been happy with just that.  But since we were celebrating we ordered the chef special.  Honestly I was expecting sushi rolls like so many I've had before, but the waiter came back with a plate of sushi lying on top of beds of rice.  



I was skeptical but I wanted to share the experience with my husband.  I put on my big girl pants, mixed a teeny bit of wasabi in with my soy sauce and got ready.  In the end it was all very tasty.  

After dinner we stopped by Dicks to pick some tennis balls - our latest hobby.  Before coming home we swung by Sweet Frog - my favorite frozen yogurt.  I love me some Sweet Frog.  

It was a wonderful day together.  I look forward to many more with him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment