ShabbyBlogs - Must be Maddie

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving is here!!  This afternoon I need to bake some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and paint my nails.  Not too bad of an evening right?  

This is from the PA Thanksgiving last year. 

I love Thanksgiving.  For the past several years, Husband and I travel up to Pennsylvania to visit his extended family for Turkey Day.  His mom's side gets together and there's a good 30-40 people.  It is just so much fun catching up with everyone.  

I have to say, I am SO thankful that I have such awesome in-laws family on their side.  I love them so much and they make me feel so welcome.  I thank God every night because I know not everyone likes their in-laws as much as I do.  

Anyway, Friday we will drive back to Northern VA and have Thanksgiving #2 with my family.  It's a much smaller gathering but I like it.  My family has always had a smaller Turkey Day. In the past we have gone to the neighbors or family friends, but my favorite is when it's just us.  With me and Husband in Charlottesville and my brother in Maryland, it's good to get everyone back together. 

These are pumpkin cupcakes from VA Thanksgiving last year.  

And with my brother being the awesome organic sustainable farmer that he is, Thanksgiving #2 is going to be delicious.  I got a text from him today that said he got a 17lb turkey, broccoli, purple cauliflower, and collards for dinner.  I. Can't. Wait.  

To add to the fun, when Husband and I come back home on Sunday we are going to cut down Christmas trees with the neighbors!  And we're having Thanksgiving #3 with the neighbors.  

The next five days are going to full of turkey, family, and friends.  

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Safe travels! 

No comments:

Post a Comment