ShabbyBlogs - Must be Maddie

Monday, May 20, 2013

Pork in the Park

After layering up because it was surprisingly chilly, we headed 15 minutes down the road to Pork in the Park.  This fair was essentially a carnival, with rides and game booths, along with delicious pork related food, refreshments, and musical entertainment.

We skipped the carnival side and headed straight for the food and drinks.  Before standing in line for food we walked around and picked out the best smelling vendor.  As usual, kettle corn sucked me in and was our first stop.  Yessss!  So.  Good.





Armed with kettle corn and a bottle of wine to keep us company, we waited in line for porky goodness.

The pork sandwich with cole slaw was delicious and of course I don't remember the vendor.  Trust me, it was moist and smokey with creamy/slightly tangy cole on top to cut through the richness.   Right as we ordered our sandwiches we ordered the delightful candied bacon.  You heard me, candied. bacon.  Amazing.  It was sweet and salty with crisp and chewy parts.  I will make this at home, somehow.



Then with another bottle in toe we headed to the concert area to listen to the Marshall Tucker Band.  I have to say, they were rockin' out for their age.  I swear if I were in a band, I would be the tambourine chick.  They have it the best - swing, sing, and jingle it. 

All in all it was a really fun time.  I mean, you can't go wrong with bacon + libations + music.

Love & Hugs.


2 comments:

  1. Fun!!! :) Man I can't wait to come back to C-Ville! I told Adam that I wanted to move there lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnnaB - move here!! I LOVE C'Ville. Love. It.

    ReplyDelete