ShabbyBlogs - Must be Maddie

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Being an adult

Being an adult sucks sometimes.  Sometimes it means being practical and making decisions you don't want to make.

My best friend invited me to go on a trip to Savannah, GA with her and some of her best friends.  A Thursday - Sunday trip, renting a house with food and snacks, eating at Lady & Sons, etc.  Sounds pretty fun right?

Well the downside is it costs $550+.  At first I thought I could swing it, somehow.  But upon closer inspection of my finances and monthly bills, it just isn't likely.

It breaks my heart.

I want to be there for her.  I want to celebrate the weekend with her and her friends.  I want to be included!  But I don't want financial stress that I won't be able to pay the next round of car/renters/personal property insurance or be able to cover that unexpected life lemon (which inevitably would happen to me, trust me).

If I were young and stupid, I would say F-it I'm going.  Unfortunately (or fortunately) I am not so stupid and I am responsible and financially I just don't think I can make it happen.

I. am. SO. bummed.

Being an adult sucks sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment