ShabbyBlogs - Must be Maddie

Sunday, December 15, 2013

6.5

This week's long run was 6 miles.  Admittedly I was nervous about it.  That's a lot of miles.  I have never run 6 miles in my life.  Five miles yes, but 6...get out of town buddy.

Leading up to the long run, I made sure the day before and day of I was adequately hydrated.  I know from past experience that if I am not hydrated, my runs suffer.

Friday afternoon, knowing that I had at least an hour of running ahead of me, I ended work early.  Strapped on my shoes and got comfy for my longest run ever.

Now that I am running in the cold, something I am getting used to, I knew the first two miles may be tough.  I was right.  As usual it took me about two miles to get warmed up which means for those two miles I was tight, uncomfortable and not yet settled, and my shins hurt.  BUT!  Around 2.5 miles I found my rhythm and the shin pain subsided.  I felt good.  I ran faster.  When RunKeeper (the app I use to track my running) said I reached 6 miles, I fist bumped the air and found a surge of energy within me.  This wasn't so bad, really.  So I kept running for another half mile.

I ran 6.5 miles on Friday.  

Go Me!  I was/am so proud of myself.  It's good to set a goal for myself and attain it - no matter how much or how long it took.  On Friday, I exceeded my goal.

This running/training thing is doing me good.  I like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment