ShabbyBlogs - Must be Maddie

Friday, December 6, 2013

Encouraged

So a couple weeks ago my North Carolina BFF asked if I would be interested in running a half marathon with her.  I was hesitant but running a half marathon is on my life list.  After sleeping on it I agreed!  I figure now is as good a time as any.  I asked my friend in town, K also a runner, if she would be interested in doing it - she agreed!

Three of us are running a half marathon mid-March 2014.  Boom!

This is my second week of training.  K found a 16 week running plan online and it looked pretty good to me.  Running 4 times a week with one long run and slowly increasing the mileage.


Last week's long run was 4 miles and it was painful.  The day after Thanksgiving was not a great day to run...especially considering I had been driving for a couple hours so I was stiff and was fairly stuffed from the day before.  It was a slow and painful 4 miles but I did it.

This week's long run was 5 miles and it was great!  I needed a good run.  A run that was smooth with no shin pain.  I was able to do 5.32 miles in 54 min 47 seconds.  WAY better than the last 5 miles I ran which took an hour.

I feel encouraged.  I feel proud of myself.  I feel hungry!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment