ShabbyBlogs - Must be Maddie

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Bees Knees

I'll admit it, I'm a Burts Bees convert. For the past, um...10 years I have been faithfully using Chapstick. It's what my dad kept on his dresser when I was growing up. I remember sneaking up to his room and using his regular or mint Chapstick when he wasn't looking; I guess I wasn't old enough to have my own. So for years Strawberry Chapstick was a staple in my purse, and it had to be strawberry not cherry. There is a difference.

But then I discovered Burts Bees Lip Shimmers. I was first attracted to the hint of color. I'm not quite ready for full blown lip stick (it makes me feel like I'm playing dress up) so tinted lip balm is the compromise. The color is sheer with a slight hint of shimmer. It has the signature Burts Bees minty/cooling sensation on your lips. It isn't too shiny and it definitely isn't sticky. A major plus for me since Husband calls me "Sticky-Lip-Shits" when I put on shiny, sticky lip gloss. The major reason I converted: it's very moisturizing. After I used these Lip Shimmers for about a week straight, my lips have never felt so soft.

Husband has always been a big proponent of Burts Bees. I resisted for a while but now I understand why he's constantly reaching for his yellow tube of Burts Bees. It's tingly, fresh, and most importantly Burts Bees locks in moisture for soft, kissable lips.

I have three shades of Burts Bees Lip Shimmers.

Burts Bees - Peony is the same shade as my lips. I use it as my regular "I want chapstick."


Burts Bees - Watermelon is a light pink color that reminds me of light pink carnations. The shade is a little bit of sweet pink.

Burts Bees - Rhubarb is a stronger pink color. It's a sheer pinky-red I use when I need more color.

I highly recommend picking up one (or three) of these fabulous tinted lip balms.

No comments:

Post a Comment