ShabbyBlogs - Must be Maddie

Sunday, December 19, 2010

The bet

Friday night I was ready to let my hair down and have some fun. I'm not a big drinker, usually I'm the DD. But there was no driving involved on Friday, friends were coming to our place to play cards.

Husband bet me $20 if I could finish a bottle of wine before midnight. I took him up on the bet reasoning I had plenty of time (about 3+ hours) and I had food in my tummy. Plus I was meeting some girlfriends in the morning for breakfast, Husband's $20 would pay for my morning meal. I was determined. I wanted to prove to Husband that I could hang in there.


After some giggly card playing, I finished the bottle!! I was very excited given my pretty low tolerance. Husband also bet that for the first two drinks consumed after the bottle of wine he would give me $5/each. I cracked open a beer with the hope of winning $25 and some bragging rights.

Unfortunately I tapped out before I could finish my beer. Even though I didn't quite make the midnight deadline, Husband gave me $20 for my "victory."

The morning after was rough, I didn't even make it to breakfast. =(

But Husband did say he was proud of my effort.

And I did win $20.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your big "W"!
    Justin once betted me that if I could drink a whole bottle of Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka, then he'd take me on a fancy date the next night. Needless to say, a phone was broken, and the bottle was drank, just I didn't make it out of bed the next day! Guys like to see us get a little giggly every now and then :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so crazy, sweet peaches! glad you had a fun night with your man:) little bets can be fun and interesting...:)

    ReplyDelete