ShabbyBlogs - Must be Maddie

Monday, December 13, 2010

Sweetness

"The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space." ~Marilyn Monroe

This quote has been my Gchat status for almost a week now. Mainly because Husband has this effect on me. One look from those crystal blue eyes and I melt. I have fallen in love with him too many times to count.

I love when he plays with puppies and/or babies. They're kindred spirits. He knows how to communicate with them and understand them in a way I don't quite understand.

I love hearing him laugh. His real laugh, when something is really funny to him.

I love when he fixes whatever it is I can't figure out.

I love (and hate) that he knows me better than I know myself. He can tell when my mood shifts before I even realize it.

I love that he's a Renaissance man, through and through. He knows SO much. He has mastered SO many things. His desire to learn and devour new hobbies and interests is amazing to me.

And to top it all off, what I consider attractive are all encompassed in him.

Like his kind baby blue eyes or strong, working hands. I now find forearms more attractive than I did 5 years ago. His deep comforting voice, is ingrained in my mind. I still save some of his voice messages!

I just love the guy. And I love him more today than I did when we got married. It just gets better and better.

Smooches my love!

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! Sounds like your husband is quite the man! And I love that quote by Marilyn Monroe. It's the truth, those kind of men are made for the story books, the one that men should take notes from.
    Xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! You are right on. And I am encouraging Husband to start writing because I think a lot of people, men and women, could benefit from his point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a pretty tribute to your hubsters! i love how you express your admiration so beautifully. i'd say you are truly lucky (but then again, he is as well-you are certainly quite the catch, my friend!) happy tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO sweet :) great post for your hubby...I also love how I find new things every day that make me smile about mine! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete