ShabbyBlogs - Must be Maddie

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hair cut

I used to hate getting my hair cut. I have thick, coarse, curly hair and it was tough finding a stylist who understood what my hair could handle and what it could not. In my 25 years (geez i feel old), I've only had 3-4 stylists.

My current stylist, Nicole, was recommended by a friend. Of course I checked her out online and found that she is the owner of Ruby Red Salon and is DevaCurl certified. She's certified in cutting curly hair!? Yes please.

Nicole has given me wonderful, wonderful hair cuts for the past year or two. She understands my hair and my needs, and when my hair grows out I'm amazed that it still looks good.

I'm excited today because I haven't had a hair cut in months...and when I leave Ruby Red I feel like a new person. Lighter. Happier. Satisfied. It's as if when she cuts off my split ends, it's like she's cutting away some of my negative energy and restoring me with more positive energy. Which is something I definitely need right now.

I've been feeling a little blue lately. It's a combination of things like work, my purpose in life, my lack of confidence, self doubt, blah blah blah. Maybe it's the gray weather, maybe it's PMS, maybe it's just me in a funk. This just means I'm looking forward to my hair cut this afternoon that much more because I could use a little boost. Every girl needs a pick-me-up now and again, whether it's getting your hair cut, a mani/pedi or taking a bath.

4 comments:

  1. oh no, chica! chin up! i can attest that we all have our blue periods... hopefully they are shorter than picasso's... glad you're getting some pampering though - it should cheer you up a bit! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, big hugs pretty lady! We all get off our grove now and then! I agree, fresh hair is a totally pick me up! Hope it makes you feel fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the feeling after a haircut! And yes, we all need to feel a little pretty sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies. :) Your comments definitely lift my spirits

    ReplyDelete