ShabbyBlogs - Must be Maddie

Friday, August 20, 2010

ABCs of Wedded Happiness

First I want to start off by saying I am not a fan of the "in-law" titles. Isn't there a nicer, less formal way of identifying your mom from your husband's mom? Maybe I'm biased because I'm really lucky to love love love the new family I'm a part of. Since I was 16 years old I've wanted to be a part of their family and now that I am, "mother/father/sister/brother-in-law" just doesn't seem like a warm enough title. Until I can figure out better nick names, MIL and FIL will be MamaH and PapaH.

Anyway MamaH emailed me an article about the ABCs of wedded bliss. She said PapaH was reading through his parents correspondence and found this article in a letter dated 8/16/1945! For a 65 yr old article, there are still a lot of great relationship suggestions.


Some of my favorites:
-Adaptability - Cultivate a taste for each other's tastes
-Need of each other - Make yourself necessary to your husband's or wife's happiness
-Tenderness - Whatever you are to other people, be all heart to your husband or wife
-Yes them - Flattery is the oil that lubricates the domestic machinery and makes it click

No comments:

Post a Comment