ShabbyBlogs - Must be Maddie

Friday, October 22, 2010

Georgia on my mind

I'm going to sweet Georgia this weekend. Husband and I are flying to Hotlanta for his cousin's wedding. It will be a quick trip. We leave tomorrow about mid morning and will arrive in GA about an hour and a half or so before the ceremony. We'll celebrate at the wedding & reception and then leave Sunday in the early afternoon. We should be back in VA by mid afternoon so we'll have the evening to recuperate at home.


The weather is supposed to be nice at 75 degrees. I'm planning on wearing a black, cap sleeve dress that hits a little above my knee, and dressing it up with some accessories. I have 3 or 4 sets of heels I'm considering: peep toe giraffe print heels, orange leather peep toe heels, red peep toe heels, or pink sling back heels (of course I could wear black pumps but why go plain when I have more fun options!). All the heels are comfortable enough to wear for a night of dancing. Since I'm easily chilled, I was thinking about bringing Lauren Conrad's lace jacket, but I feel like a black jacket on a black dress is...a lot of black. Another option is an aqua/light blue pashmina. I'll figure out my outfit tonight.

Also-uh...I haven't been on a plane in like 8 years. I don't want to have any of my products thrown out because they're larger than .075oz. Luckily this will be such a short trip that if I have to go a night without my face wash...or hair gel...or contact solution, I'll live.

We're taking the camera with us so I'll have tons of pics to share when we get back. It'll be a fun weekend! I'll meet some relatives I haven't met yet; get to fly on a plane with my husband for the first time; we get to stay in a hotel - which is always fun. I'm looking forward to shaking my groove thang on the dance floor and attempting to get my sweetiepiehoneybunches to shake it with me.

TGIF! Have a lovely weekend friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment